INTO Mason Academic Programs
INTO Mason’s programs empower international students to reach their academic goals while providing additional English language, cultural and social support to help with the transition to Mason.
We offer Academic English courses, as well as Pathway programs at both the undergraduate and graduate level to prepare students for degree study at Mason.
The Academic English (AE) program will improve your language skills while building your knowledge of U.S. culture. You can also choose electives to match your interests, learn industry-specific vocabulary, or prepare for standardized tests. You will:
- Develop key skills that will help you succeed beyond the classroom
- Use vocabulary common to academic disciplines
- Take accurate notes in academic lectures and presentations
- Read, understand and evaluate academic texts
- Present spoken and written ideas accurately and effectively in English
- Write research papers with proper use of citations and references
You will take a placement exam during Orientation to determine your Academic English (AE) level.
We use your language assessment scores in reading, writing, speaking, and listening to determine the best AE level for your courses.
Your INTO Mason language assessment is the only score that will determine your final program level.
- Start dates: August for fall semester; January for spring semester; May for summer semester.
- Program length: 16 weeks in the fall and spring, 11 weeks in the summer.
- Classroom time: 18 to 20 hours per week in the fall and spring, 25 hours per week in the summer.
- Minimum enrollment: One semester
- AE levels: Eight, ranging from beginner to advanced/proficient
- Application requirements: You must be at least age 17 and have a high school diploma.
Progression Requirements: After successfully completing Academic English levels, students may continue to an International Year One, Undergraduate Transfer program or Graduate Pathway, or use their AE Level when applying directly to Mason.
- International Year One 3-Semester Pathway: Completion of AE Core and OCS Skills Level 3 or higher
- International Year One 2-Semester Pathway: Completion of AE Core and OCS Skills Level 4 or higher
- International Year One 1-Semester Pathway and Undergraduate Transfer Program: Completion of AE Core and OCS Skills Level 5 or higher
- Direct Undergraduate Admission: Completion of AE Core and OCS Skills Level 6 or higher
- Graduate 2-Semester Pathway: Completion of AE Core and OCS Skills Level 5 or higher
- Graduate 1-Semester Pathway and Bridge Program: Completion of AE Core and OCS Skills Level 6 or higher
- Direct Graduate Admission: Completion of AE Core and OCS Skills Level 7
, including information on tuition and fees and start dates.
This program enables you to earn credits toward a bachelor’s degree even if you do not meet the academic and English requirements for direct entry. You will receive additional academic and cultural support to successfully complete your first year and graduate in the same amount of time as direct-entry students. The program length is determined by your English language scores.
We offer five IYO Pathway programs that progress to more than 50 bachelor’s degrees at Mason. The length of the Pathway program (1-3 semesters) is determined by your English language scores.
Students must meet specific progression requirements at the end of their INTO Mason program to move to their next semester of degree study at Mason.
, including start dates, tuition and fee information.
Students who have earned at least 30 credits from an international college or university can transfer directly into , which is designed to support international students through the process of transferring.
UTP provides a customized, cost-effective path to a bachelor’s degree. Mason will provide you with an estimate of transferable credits. When you arrive at Mason, we'll help you make the transition by providing academic and English-language support, and cultural guidance.
If you don't meet the English language-entry requirements, you can enter our Academic English program before progressing to the UTP. If you meet specific progression requirements, you can move to the next semester of degree study at Mason.
Key Program Facts:
- Length: One semester
- Minimum Transfer Credits: 30
- Maximum Transfer Credits Permitted: 90
- Minimum GPA: 2.3
For more information, read about
These programs allow you to earn credits toward a master’s degree while improving the study, research and academic skills needed for advanced graduate study at Mason.
Each Pathway is designed for a specific master’s degree, allowing you to save time and money by completing academic coursework while you prepare to progress to your degree. Your Pathway program length is determined by your English language scores.
Students must meet specific progression requirements during their INTO Mason program to move to their next semester of degree study at Mason.
Find the along with entry and progression requirements.
You can also view specific Graduate Pathway course information.
This program provides two semesters of advanced graduate preparation to students holding certain three-year international bachelor’s degrees. You can take classes in your master’s program while completing general education requirements needed for graduate school at Mason.
View participating degrees and about start dates, tuitition, and fees.
Note: Students with three-year undergraduate degrees may not apply directly to Mason.
INTO Mason Tuition and Scholarships
All are estimated from 2019-五福彩票计划软件 and are subject to change.
INTO Mason helps talented and ambitious students attend Mason. You could be eligible for scholarships from $500 to $15,000 depending on your academic program.
To apply for a scholarship, .
Students are responsible for paying Mason's tuition and fees once they successfully complete a Pathway program and matriculate to Mason.